Specialty Program Group Canada is a fast-paced Insurance Managing General Agency (MGA) that provides innovative underwriting solutions for our network of brokers across Canada. Our success has been based upon our leadership, integrity, innovation, and service. Our Cansure brand is seeking an Underwriting Assistant to join our growing team.
Role Overview and Purpose:
We are a fast-paced Insurance Managing General Agency that provides innovative underwriting solutions for our network of brokers across Canada. Our success is based on our leadership, integrity, innovation, and service.
We seek a Personal Lines Underwriting Assistant to join our growing team and support the Underwriters in their day-to-day tasks.
As a successful Underwriting Assistant, you are someone who:
- has a passion for administration,
- is highly organized,
- can communicate clearly and effectively,
- is detail oriented with a high degree of personal accountability,
- can collaborate with others to achieve a desired outcome,
- and possesses a professional demeanor, with a can-do attitude.
Your responsibilities in this role will include:
- Process and issue documents as instructed by Underwriters and Managers
- Meet service standards and turnaround times with respect to issuance of documents
- Support Managers and Underwriters with general administrative tasks
- Produce and distribute correspondence memos, letters, faxes and forms
- Handle sensitive information in a confidential manner
- Other general office duties as required
Qualifications and Experience:
- 1+ years’ experience in fast-paced office environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to deliver best in class service
- Proficient technology/computer skills
Why Choose Cansure?
By joining Cansure, you’ll become part of a rapidly growing company focused on living our corporate values:
- Be Entrepreneurial
- Be Creative
- Promote Continuous Growth
- Practice Inclusiveness, Openness, and Equity
- Uphold Trust, Respect and Accountability
- Practice Passionate Balance and Have Fun
- Contribute to Community Stewardship
As a member of our team, you’ll benefit from:
- A dynamic, fast-paced work environment with boundless opportunities for professional growth
- Ongoing skills development with subsidies for tuition and professional accreditation
- The opportunity to take on challenging work and contribute your expertise, creativity and passion in meaningful ways
- Extended health & dental benefits and company-matched RRSP contributions
- Competitive salary with potential for annual bonus
If you are looking to join a company where you can proudly bring your authentic self to work, we invite you to apply today. Our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion means that whoever you are, and whatever path you’ve taken to get here, we value you at Cansure. We know that diversity of perspectives, backgrounds, interests, and skills are essential to build a great community that serves ALL people. If you can help drive success and have fun while doing it, we can’t wait to meet you!
Please note that only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.