UNDERWRITING ASSISTANT – PERSONAL LINES
We are a fast-paced insurance Managing General Agency that provides innovative underwriting solutions for our network of brokers across Canada. Our success is based on our innovation and service. We are seeking an Underwriting Assistant to join our growing team.
We are currently looking for an Underwriting Assistant (Personal Lines) for our Langley or Salmon Arm office. As an Underwriting Assistant (Personal Lines), you will support our underwriters in their day-to-day tasks. Working as part of a team, you are responsible for the efficiency and accuracy of insurance policy documents.
This position will:
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships with underwriters and brokers through discussions and correspondence;
- Processes and issue documents as instructed by Underwriters and Managers;
- Meeting service standard and turnaround time with respect to issuance of documents;
- Support Managers and Underwriters with general administrative tasks;
- Produce and distribute correspondence memos, letters, faxes and forms;
- Reviewing documents for accuracy;
- Maintain/ innovate administrative workflow procedures to increase efficiency;
- Communicate internally with other departments via e-mail and telephone;
- Communicate externally with brokers as required
- Handle Sensitive information in a confidential manner
QUALIFICATIONS AND CHARACTERISTICS:
You’re a good fit if you:
- Bachelor’s degree or Have at least 1-2 years of experience with transferrable skills in Customer service, administration or insurance;
- Hold a broker license (level 1 or 2), or can qualify for a license within 1 year;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Are proficient in Microsoft Outlook and Word;
- Team player adaptable to a changing environment;
- Performs well in a busy operation and remains calm under pressure;
- Willing to take insurance courses for continued growth and industry knowledge;
- Can work in our Langley or Salmon Arm offices
If you are looking to join a company where you can proudly bring your authentic self to work, we invite you to apply today. Our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion means that whoever you are, and whatever path you’ve taken to get here, we value you at Cansure. We know that diversity of perspectives, backgrounds, interests, and skills are essential to build a great community that serves ALL people. If you can help drive success and have fun while doing it, we can’t wait to meet you!
Please note that only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.