We are a fast-paced Insurance Managing General Agency that provides innovative underwriting solutions for our network of brokers across Canada. Our success is based on our leadership, integrity, innovation, and service. We are always open to make room for a Senior Underwriter within our Canadian market.
Here are the segments looking for talented underwriters to join their growing team.
As a Senior Underwriter, you will drive the growth and profitability of Cansure. You will leverage existing broker relationships, expertise, creativity and entrepreneurial spirit to build your book, within your specialized area of expertise. Surrounded by a team of experienced practice leaders, managers and executives, we provide an extensive array of products, ample capacity and empowerment to enable your success. In this role, your focus is attracting and underwriting new business opportunities while being supported by and mentoring junior staff. You will work collaboratively with colleagues and management to provide value added expertise and exceptional service to our broker partners. Come and run a business within our business!
- Perform risk analysis using internal and external data resources for the purpose of quoting, negotiating and authorizing the acceptance of risk of a moderate to high complexity, with a focus on new business production;
- Participate in underwriting meetings, formal/informal presentations and broker meetings;
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with internal and external parties, including attending industry related seminars and networking events as necessary;
- Negotiate coverage and price with brokers within established corporate guidelines and delegated authority parameters;
- Communicate decisions and respond to requests in a prompt and professional manner;
- Manage, strengthen and grow a book of profitable business;
- Maintain compliance with established corporate guidelines and delegated authority parameters;
- Keep accurate records of decisions made and maintain completeness of policy data;
- Complete loss reports and post-claim underwriting reviews; and
- Mentor underwriting staff in general underwriting theory, technical and soft skill fundamentals
You’re a good fit if you have:
- A minimum of 7 years of insurance experience, with at least 3 years in your specialty
- An advanced understanding of commercial underwriting theory and the ability to apply this knowledge in day-to-day practice;
- An entrepreneurial spirit with strong selling and negotiation skills and a demonstrated ability to generate revenue growth;
- A passion for delivering exceptional customer experiences and value in every interaction;
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal;
- Good decisional making and analytical skills;
- Strong organizational skills and a thorough approach to completing tasks;
- A Chartered Insurance Professional designation (CIP) or equivalent;
- A broker license (level 2), or ability to qualify for a license.
By joining Cansure, you’ll become part of a rapidly growing company focused on providing innovative insurance solutions to support independent brokers in Canada. As a member of our team, you’ll
- A dynamic, fast-paced work environment with boundless opportunities for professional growth;
- Ongoing skills development with subsidies for tuition and professional accreditation;
- The opportunity to take on challenging work and contribute your expertise, creativity and passion in meaningful ways;
- Extended health & dental benefits and company matched RRSP contributions; and
- Competitive salary with potential for annual bonus.
Interested applicants are asked to send your cover letter and resume. Please note that only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.