About i3 underwriting
Our past experience of working in the “front-line” as a retail broker and with retailers as an MGA, places us in a very strong position of knowing what small to medium-sized retail brokers need in the property/casualty field, and how to serve that need.We also have a wealth of experience in adapting technology to the insurance process. We know that technology has to be phased in and that changes to the work flow should be gradual.
i3 aims to attract brokers’ business through speed and quality of service and through the introduction of easy to use, on-line services that will add efficiencies for both the broker and insurer. We are always looking to add qualified, competent Underwriters to join our team!
Role Overview and Purpose:
We are a fast-paced Insurance Managing General Agency that provides innovative underwriting solutions for our network of brokers across Canada. Our success is based on our leadership, integrity, innovation, and service. We are seeking a Junior Underwriter to join one of the leading commercial property and casualty insurance teams.
- Review and underwrite new, renewal and endorsements of moderate-high complexity
- Support underwriting of renewal business for Senior Underwriters
- Manage, strengthen and grow a book of profitable commercial business
- Quote and authorize business within established corporate guidelines and delegated authority parameters
- Participate in underwriting meetings, formal/informal presentations and broker visits
- Complete loss reports and post-claim underwriting reviews
- Interact with brokers for all transactions
- Negotiate coverage and price with brokers within capping and deviation authority limits
- Participate, encourage and build key broker partner relationships
- Attend industry related seminars and events as necessary
Skills and Experience Required for Success:
- Minimum 1 year commercial lines underwriting experience or 2+ years of commercial insurance sales
- Experience with underwriting and/or marketing specialty or hard-to-place policies
- Experienced in placing policies in open market – London and Domestic markets
- Firm technical understanding of moderate commercial underwriting theory and to be able to apply this knowledge in day-to-day practice
- Highly engaged
- Strong service and client experience skills
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Good decision-making skills and analytical skills
- Organized and strong time management skills
- Self-directed and easily adaptable to change
- Recognized insurance program or degree preferred, or in progress
Why Choose i3 Underwriting?
By joining i3, you’ll become part of a rapidly growing company focused on living our corporate values:
- Be Entrepreneurial
- Be Creative
- Promote Continuous Growth
- Practice Inclusiveness, Openness, and Equity
- Uphold Trust, Respect and Accountability
- Practice Passionate Balance and Have Fun
- Contribute to Community Stewardship
As a member of our team, you’ll benefit from:
- A dynamic, fast-paced work environment with boundless opportunities for professional growth
- Ongoing skills development with subsidies for tuition and professional accreditation
- The opportunity to take on challenging work and contribute your expertise, creativity and passion in meaningful ways
- Flexible work environment
- Extended health & dental benefits and company matched RRSP contributions
- Competitive salary with potential for annual bonus
If you are looking to join a company where you can proudly bring your authentic self to work, we invite you to apply today. Our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion means that whoever you are, and whatever path you’ve taken to get here, we value you at SPGC. We know that diversity of perspectives, backgrounds, interests, and skills are essential to build a great community that serves ALL people. If you can help drive success and have fun while doing it, we can’t wait to meet you!
Please note that only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.