JUNIOR UNDERWRITER COMMERCIAL LINES
We are a fast-paced Insurance Managing General Agency (MGA) that provides innovative underwriting solutions for our network of brokers across Canada. Our success has been based upon our leadership, integrity, innovation, and service. We love to grow and develop our people so as they move into Intermediate and Senior roles. We are always looking to add qualified, competent Commercial Lines Underwriters to our talent pool for these future opportunities.
Here are a few segments that are looking for talented underwriters to join their growing team:
Sports & Recreation
Don’t take my word for it, here’s what our team members have to say:
“it’s more than a career, it’s a family”
“if you really want to know insurance, a specialty MGA like Cansure is the place to be”
“offers a quick path for career growth; promotes from within”
“caring leaders who want to see you succeed”
“so many paths to grow your career: personal lines, commercial, specialties, claims, marketing”
“promotions based on efforts and performance, not tenure”
“a great environment to learn and grow”
Working as part of a team, you are responsible for analyzing the acceptability of business opportunities according to company guidelines. This includes reviewing and pricing of new submissions, renewal business and endorsements. You will work collaboratively with the team leader, colleagues, and management to provide value added expertise and exceptional service to our broker partners.
As a Junior Underwriter for Commercial Lines, you will help drive the growth and profitability of Cansure. You will build broker relationships and leverage your expertise, creativity, and entrepreneurial spirit to build your team’s book. Surrounded by a team of experienced practice leaders, managers, and executives, we provide an extensive array of products, ample capacity, and empowerment to enable your success. In this role, you will work collaboratively with your colleagues and management to provide value added expertise and exceptional service to our broker partners.
This position will:
- Review and underwrite new, renewal and endorsements of moderate-high complexity
- Support underwriting of renewal business for Senior Underwriters
- Manage, strengthen, and grow a book of profitable business
- Quote and authorize business within established corporate guidelines and delegated authority parameters
- Participate in underwriting meetings, formal/informal presentations, and broker visits
- Complete loss reports and post-claim underwriting reviews
- Interact with brokers for all transactions
- Negotiate coverage and price with brokers within capping and deviation authority limits
- Participate, encourage, and build key broker partner relationships
- Attend industry-related seminars and events as necessary
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE:
You’re a good fit if you have:
- 1-2 years underwriting experience
- Recognized insurance program or degree
- CIP designation or working towards (preferred)
- Firm technical understanding of underwriting theory and the ability to apply this knowledge in day-to-day practice
- Entrepreneurial spirit with strong sales and negotiation skills
- Focused on client experience
- High personal accountability
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Good decision-making skills and analytical skills
- Organized and strong time management skills
- Self-directed and resilient
By joining Cansure, you’ll become part of a rapidly growing company focused on providing innovative insurance solutions to support independent brokers in Canada. As a member of our team, you’ll
- A dynamic, fast-paced work environment with boundless opportunities for professional growth;
- Ongoing skills development with subsidies for tuition and professional accreditation;
- The opportunity to take on challenging work and contribute your expertise, creativity and passion in meaningful ways;
- Extended health & dental benefits and company-matched RRSP contributions; and
- Competitive salary with potential for annual bonus.
If you are looking to join a company where you can proudly bring your whole self to work, we invite you to apply today. Our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion means that whoever you are, and whatever path you’ve taken to get here, we value you at Cansure. We know that diversity of perspectives, backgrounds, interests, and skills are essential to build a great community that serves ALL people. If you can help drive success and have fun while doing it, we can’t wait to meet you!
Send your cover letter and resume today at email@example.com and take the next step in your Underwriting career!