About i3 underwriting
Specialty Program Group Canada is a fast-paced Insurance Managing General Agency (MGA) that provides innovative underwriting solutions for our network of brokers across Canada. Our success has been based upon our leadership, integrity, innovation, and service. Our i3 brand is seeking an Intermediate Underwriter to join our growing team. This is a remote opportunity for candidates based out of Atlantic Canada.
At i3 Underwriting, we are leading supplier of property and casualty insurance in Canada, providing innovative underwriting solutions to licensed brokers across Canada. Our underwriting expertise and facilities let us write even the toughest risks or solve that small wrinkle in what might otherwise be a standard risk.
This position will:
- Perform risk analysis using internal and external data resources for the purpose of quoting, negotiating and authorizing the renewal of existing policies and acceptance of new opportunities for risks of a moderate complexity based on guidelines and retention goals of the company;
- Handle endorsement requests within delegated authority. Independently engages with broker to clarify intent of the request or seek missing information;
- Develop and support professional business partnerships with brokers by providing prompt service, responding to inquiries, acting pro-actively and taking ownership of issues and resolving them with a solution-oriented approach;
- Make decisions based on imperfect information;
- Communicate decisions and respond to requests in a prompt and professional manner;
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with internal and external parties, including attending industry related seminars and networking events as necessary;
- Negotiate coverage with brokers within and delegated authority parameters;
- Manage, strengthen and grow a book of profitable business;
- Maintain compliance with established corporate guidelines and delegated authority parameters;
- Work independently to meet deadlines following company guidelines to accomplish goals;
- Take ownership of work-related activities and follow through on your commitments;
- Deal effectively with pressure, maintains a positive outlook and recover quickly from setbacks;
- Prioritize and complete tasks to deliver desired outcomes within allocated time frames;
- Take personal responsibility and action toward learning and implementing new ideas, method, and technologies;
- Demonstrate effective communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal; and
- Exhibit good decisional making and analytical skills;
- Document assigned files ensuring completeness, compliance, and quality to meet the documentation standards. Keep paper free environment by uploading the documents on our company software; and
- Complete loss reports and post-claim underwriting reviews.
Are you our ideal candidate?
You’re a good fit if you:
- Have at least 2 years of relevant experience in commercial underwriting or 5 years commercial brokering experience;
- Actively working towards an insurance designation (CIP or CAIP preferred);
- Hold a broker license (Level 1 or 2), or can qualify for a license within 90 days;
- Can type a minimum of 40 works per minute; and
- Technical competency with office equipment including printers, scanners. Intermediate level knowledge of Microsoft products, including Outlook, Word, and Excel. Have existing relationships within the industry you can leverage to attract business opportunities and grow your portfolio.
The expected salary range for this position is $60,000-$70,000 will be impacted by factors such as the successful candidate’s skills, experience and working location, as well as the specific position’s business line, scope, and level. Specialty Program Group Canada and affiliated brands is proud to offer comprehensive benefit and total compensation packages which include extended health and dental benefits, disability insurance, RRSP matching, paid time off benefits, and a variety of potential bonus opportunities.
This position is for candidates based out of Atlantic Canada.
Role- Work from Home, remote location.
Interested? Apply Today:
Send your cover letter and resume today and take the next step in your professional career!