Specialty Program Group Canada (SPGC), doing business under the trade names Cansure, Beacon, and i3 Underwriting, is a leading supplier of property and casualty insurance to commercial and personal exposures across Canada. We are known for our expertise and creativity in providing solutions to even the toughest submissions, and that contributes to the trusted brand experience that our partners have come to expect.
Role Overview and Responsibilities:
- Receive and process new claims loss notices, via email and telephone;
- Work together with the Underwriting department to confirm policy details and coverages;
- Perform a variety of clerical and administrative functions;
- Review, organize and filter incoming and outgoing correspondence;
- Perform data entry while ensuring accuracy is of utmost importance; and
- Provide customer service to our Brokers, Independent Adjusters, Insured’s and Underwriting Partners.
Qualifications & Education:
- Strong organizational skills;
- Ability to manage tasks in an efficient manner;
- Proven ability to work within a team environment;
- Strong computer skills are required;
- Proficient with Microsoft Office with a focus on Microsoft Excel;
- Knowledge of Database Management;
- Post-secondary education;
- Minimum 1 – 2 years of experience in the insurance industry is an asset;
- Claims experience an asset; and
- Willingness to enroll in CIP courses through the Insurance Institute.
The expected salary range for this position is $36,000 to $55,000 and will be impacted by factors such as the successful candidate’s skills, experience and working location, as well as the specific position’s business line, scope and level. Specialty Program Group Canada and affiliated brands is proud to offer comprehensive benefit and total compensation packages which include extended health and dental benefits, disability insurance, RRSP matching, paid time off benefits, and a variety of potential bonus opportunities.
If you are looking to join a company where you can proudly bring your authentic self to work, we invite you to apply today. Our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion means that whoever you are, and whatever path you’ve taken to get here, we value you at SPGC. We know that diversity of perspectives, backgrounds, interests, and skills are essential to build a great community that serves ALL people. If you can help drive success and have fun while doing it, we can’t wait to meet you!
Please note that only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.