BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT REPRESENTATIVE
Specialty Program Group Canada (SPGC), doing business under the trade names Cansure, Beacon, and i3 Underwriting, is a leading supplier of property and casualty insurance to commercial and personal exposures across Canada. We are known for our expertise and creativity in providing solutions to even the toughest submissions, and that contributes to the trusted brand experience that our partners have come to expect.
Role Overview and Responsibilities
We are seeking a Business Development Representative to work with our broker partners in Ontario. Based in our Toronto office and reporting to the Director of Business Development, this role requires the successful candidate to be a self-starter, with existing knowledge and familiarity with the P&C insurance industry. Because you will be the face of the company, we are seeking someone who holds themselves to a high professional standard and is able to clearly communicate our marketing and underwriting objectives and strategies, deepen our relationships with our key partners, and act as a primary point of contact for insurance product training. In this role, you will be responsible for the following:
- Be a brand ambassador by creating awareness for all SPGC brands
- Coordinate, manage and attend provincial broker association conventions, industry and client events, etc.
- Coordinate and manage external product-specific tradeshows
- Create presentations for external business planning meetings
- Provide training on an ad-hoc basis to broker partners for all Cansure products
- Play an integral role supporting the Cansure Portal with our broker partners – from onboarding the systems at broker offices to administrative management of the portal
- Provide support to new product marketing and related campaigns
- Broker relationship management – act as a main point of contact for feedback, problem-solving, and escalating any concerns to upper management as necessary.
- Broker relationship management – making regular touchpoints with broker partners as set out by the Director of Business Development
- Understand, analyze and interpret portfolio management data
- Support with coordination of provincial institutes to accredit courses/seminars
- Execute business development activities according to the broker segmentation strategy
- Work closely with the Director, Business Development on various marketing projects as required
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to strongly impact the success of our new digital broker strategy and will be integral to enforcing the reputation of Cansure as a first-choice insurance supplier in the Canadian market. To be successful, the candidate should possess the following:
- Minimum 3 years in the property and casualty insurance industry
- CIP, CRM, CAIB designations are an asset
- Has an entrepreneurial mindset
- Confident speaking in front of large groups
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint programs
- Sales and/or business development experience would be an asset
- Highly organized
- Detail oriented
- A team-player
- Adapts to change easily
- Flexible working hours when necessary
- Able to travel by air and car for business purposes
- Possess a valid ON driver’s license and vehicle for business travel
- This is a hybrid role, so the successful incumbent is required to work out of the Toronto office when necessary
If you are looking to join a company where you can proudly bring your authentic self to work, we invite you to apply today. Our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion means that whoever you are, and whatever path you’ve taken to get here, we value you at SPGC. We know that diversity of perspectives, backgrounds, interests, and skills are essential to build a great community that serves ALL people. If you can help drive success and have fun while doing it, we can’t wait to meet you!
Please note that only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.